Sunday, February 10, 2008

Getting back to This



I go and look at Claires blog ( http://dibblephoto.blogspot.com/) and feel inspired by her dedication to her writing, her photos and her postings. This could be me too. The excuse that it is easier to upload photos than photos of paintings can not suffice anymore.
Above and below is one of the latest pieces I am working on. There are still many unanswered questions in the painting and although I am liking it more and more I am struggling with how to find the answers. I like doing landscapes and am finding that I like the vistas that come from my head even more than the ones from real life.




Today I took Olive for a walk in the eerily warm temperature, soft snow crunching and gentle wind blowing. We walked the trail less traveled. It is one of my favorites when there is wind because the tall firs rub against each other, the only sound, creating a soundtrack for our romp. It is such a mysterious sound, the meeting of two trees, and Olive often mistakes the noise for squirrels. The snow that was falling from high above in clumps due to the thaw reminded me of this painting. Maybe these white shapes are snow drifts....maybe they are figures....



What the week holds: Pilates, a return to running, swimming, hopefully a Galactic concert although all tickets are claimed, the start of my new job, laughter, Valentines Day, art openings....and many more surprises I am sure.

No comments: