Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pods

I am obsessed with pods, in nature and in art. The shapes, the textures, the colors, what can be hidden inside.  

I came around the corner of the Emerson Center in Bozeman and saw this pod light hanging over a large table, housing a light bulb that allowed it to glow. I was immediately taken with it and took photos so that one day I can replicate it. Getting rid of the ugly chandeliers that hang above my dinner table and hallway is on the what-I-want-to-do- with my-house list....I think pods (at least one) would be a good addition.

The Emerson Center for Arts & Culture is amazing and I can't believe that in the five years I have been visiting Bozeman I have never been there. It is an old high school, the one Jamie went to his senior year, and it still has the feel, smell, creaks, and rooms of a school.  There is a theater (Martin Sexton had just played there), public art gallery spaces, and artists studios, many of which act as work areas and shops.  I loved the Emerson and wish that our own Jackson Center for the Arts had a little of it's grittiness and local flavor. Check it out at www.theemerson.org

No comments: