Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daydreams of Warmth

What I am daydreaming about today....About a summer filled with climbing trips to places with red rocks, flowing streams, and open space for my dog to run. About working outside, doing a job that allows me to be in the sunshine and works my body. About being an artist and working in this space of mine daily, about seeing what happens when I commit to that. About traveling to Maine and seeing my family and the ocean, about having an art show with my parents. About finding a way to make my mark in my community in terms of advocating for artists of all ages and all abilities. About finishing my house with my husband and moving upstairs so that we can see the Grand and open the windows and feel the warm breeze of summer on our faces.

It is a grey day today. A cold, damp day. Spring is perhaps the hardest month here because everything is brown, the mud is everywhere, the skiing starts to be bad, and the trails are too slick to run on. I know that we will have more winter, but the days are starting to feel different, as if everything is awakening and stretching.

I am in my studio space. Working on a piece for the Art Assc. show that is due on Friday. Loving my pod shapes. Making them is so soothing to me, the same shape forming in my hands, but each one different in terms of how the needle catches the delicate cheesecloth.

Feeling so tired. The time change is really making it hard to get up in the morning and I almost feel like resorting to coffee again. Going to the climbing gym right now, climbing with good ladies. That will energize me for a while. And then I will crash tonight. Hopefully Jamie makes dinner :)

No comments: