Friday, October 26, 2007

So much to do on a Blog!

As I search around the web, looking at peoples blogs, I am realizing that there has been this world out there that I have been completely unaware of. It is exciting to find something new in which to be creative.

I made a piece of art today; I will post it when I can. It felt amazing to take most of my day and just paint. For the first time in a long time I got lost in the colors, the idea, the composition and didn't realize that the hours of the morning slipped away. Art, up until now, had been a chore I am realizing. I paid more attention to my watch then my canvas. And I observed my feelings today after doing art all day....I was so happy and open and truly creative. I could feel it in my blood, pulsing, as I looked at the world with slightly different eyes. I think that once you start creating, you start seeing the world as creative, put out there for your eyes to make compositions and notice color patterns and relationships.

5 grateful's for today:
1. That coffee was waiting for me, hot and perfectly strong, when I got up.
2. That I can still remember how to be a creative person.
3. My walk with Amy and Olive
4. That I got to play dress-up, one of my favorite things, at DW.
5. That I made a piece for Debauchery and Art and was able to share it honestly and articulately.

No comments: