Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Very Merry Christmas

I finished watching The Polar Express this morning, curled up in the Lazy Boy while a young fire crackled, and could picture the illustrations from the book. The movie's graphics are amazing and the story, although embellished, is still sweet and meaningful. It brings a little magic back into Christmas....

It has been a good day, a good week. The craziness of this holiday only intensifies each year and the searching for presents, the rushing of events, the hurrying seem to miss the point of it all completely. It was nice to get my presents off to my family and to be there for Julia as she dealt with the surgery and beginning rehabilitation of her knee. Finishing Jame's painting depicting our upcoming summer adventures in the desert, watching Olive play with her new toys, having Beth, Jamie's mom, here to celebrate the holiday and talking to family and friends on the phone were what made this holiday special and made me feel more festive.

I hope to be more regular with this blog as everything holiday related settles. I also hope to be more artistically inclined.

A Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: