Monday, February 7, 2011

Day

Winter is back. I woke up to wind pounding snow against my window, the morning sky that inky blue that glows with the rising sun. My bed was particularly comforting today because of the weather, and I proceeded to not only have my green tea under the comforter, but my bowl of cereal as well. And then I worked for an hour, Olive never raising her head to ask for a walk. She skied hard all weekend.

The hustle and bustle of DW is endless. I feel lucky that I like everyone that I work with, that amidst the scrambling to get everything done there are moments of laughter and chatting and smiles. I feel refreshed knowing that I am making the decision to only have one job (maybe I will count art-making as a job at times), as if that choice brings clarity to the other work at hand. As much as I may bitch, I am quite lucky, a fact I only seem to notice more and more.

Walking Olive in the dusk. Her eager jumping for joy at being free of the basement, Jamie and I huddled against the wind. I was reminded today, as I told Olive that we would take a walk later and her little ears poked up, that dogs only exist in the present. That the future means nothing to her. I want to remind myself of that more often.

No comments: