Monday, February 28, 2011

Grey Day

I got to start the day talking to my amazing parents. I love talking to them, and wish that it didn't have to be over a phone. I am excited to start skyping with them soon, so at least I can see them, despite being miles apart. Where they are in Florida sounds so amazing, and the 85 degree temps are more than tempting on a grey Wyoming day.

My day was ho-hum, sort of mirroring the weather outside which was so sunless and cold. I am feeling the itch to leave Jackson for a while, to pop the bubble and escape, just somewhere different. It is comforting living in a place where you see the same sights, the familiar faces, take the day to day paths, but also very closeting and repetitive.

I climbed with a great group of ladies tonight. I felt strong and was able to make it up some more challenging climbs. It felt great to stretch and lengthen on the gym walls, while also getting my muscles pumping with blood.

Babs just called me from her residency in Gillette. She has the idea, for her birthday, of getting a group of artists together and having them make different fashion challenges every two weeks. At the end of the event, we will display the pieces in a fashion show.....It will be called Runaway Projects (a total play on Project Runway). And it sounds like excellent fun.

Nice visions to go to sleep to.....xoxox

No comments: