Sunday, April 8, 2012

Creative Journey

Two months I ventured out on a new path.


I left behind my job, the comforts of structure, comeraditity, and a paycheck and took a step in a previously unexplored direction. The support of my friends, my husband, my parents has been immense, but gaining the support of myself has been difficult and a true challenge that will probably last many, many years, if not my lifetime. It is easy to let the small voices of doubt and fear be loud in your ear, sometimes letting their messages overshadow what the heart is telling you to do.


In this time, I have dived into books about the creative process and about fear and how to overcome it and signed up for online webinars which revolve around the idea of following your heart and getting out of your own way in order to make your dreams a reality. All this work that I have been doing is internal, not much to show for it on the outside, but I can feel an inside shift, which is where it all has to start anyway. Some days it has been overwhelming, to the point where too much self-help makes me feel like I am drowning, which is pointless. So, I want to use my blog as a way to purge, so that my head stays above the water and the ideas that I am learning sink in and are beneficial instead of just being thrown into a disorganized pile.


I am going to record insights from authors and online instructors that I am finding inspirational, as a way to dive into their theories and messages deeper and record them for future reference and reminder. 





No comments: