Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Refuge


This has been my work space for the last couple of months. At first I was scared that I would treat it like my old studio in The Factory, a place that I rarely visited. Now, because of a change of priorities, I feel a little sad when I don't make it down there. I love having an open space, hearing what others are listening to and working on, and having a big window full of sunlight and views of the mountains. Behind the studio are trails that wind up the buttes and into the canyon, offering needed escapes from the art-making, to cavort with the little dog and watch while she glides through the sage brush in pursuit of chiselers. Blue-its were out yesterday with the little bit of rain, a promise of spring despite the snow-topped trees above.

I am working on a dragon head for the Bra for the Cause and three pod-costumes. What could be more random but magical than that?


No comments: