Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Marketing Workshop

Today I felt more inspired than I have in a long time to be in the field that I am in. And it was through a Marketing Workshop. I secretly like workshops, sitting as if I am in a classroom again, being thrown information that could be valuable and makes my mind feel full.

There is something exciting about strategizing and shaping a marketing plan that would potentially bring success, money, recognition to your organization. About branding a non-profit in such a way that it touches people, consciously or sub-consciously, and makes them eager for the next performance, the next class, the next event.

Sitting there I thought about freshness and change and creativity. I know that part of my current despondency with my job is the lack of all of those things, and partly, that is my own making. And just hearing someone else hold "marketing" in such an exciting light, made me want to do the same.

I think what it comes down to is being brave and trying more strategies.  Talking to more people. Being creative every day, in both personal and professional ways. I still don't think that a Marketing Director is my absolute calling in life, but maybe it can lead me to paths that feel more true in my heart.

It just felt good to have a good day at work.

No comments: