Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grey day

Today was the sort of day that I woke up tired. And stayed tired. A damp fog hung in the valley all day, even though the web camera at the top of the Pass showed blue sky and sunshine, and the air felt chilly. I am sitting here, cold, and trying to not focus on what made the day blah, but rather what made it lovely....

Olives cuddle in bed, falling asleep and snoring.
Working out at Ski Fitness and sweating, sweating, sweating.
My warm shower and the smell of clean.
Taking breaks from my computer and talking to co-workers.
A public art meeting that made me excited and motivated to grow our arts community.
The camaraderie at agility class.
The pleasure of cooking good food.
My recent, slightly funny, obsession with listening to cheesy Sue Grafton books on CD (think A is for Alibi).
Looking forward to bed, clean sheets, my comforter and my book club book Room (although it is definitely difficult subject material).

No comments: