Sunday, November 21, 2010

Skiing

It was hard to leave the warmth of the house this morning and go outside. Despite my down jacket the air was cold and everything felt frozen and brittle. Even hiking up the steep slope of Mt. Glory, the wind whipping its way under my shell hood, I had my doubts that this was the place that I was supposed to be today, with a lingering cold. Olive's paws grew splayed with frozen snow, and her little face disappeared under a mask of white, making her look like a polar bear cub. My nose was dripping.

But coming down! With skis on and fresh powder underfoot. That magical feeling of turning through fluff, your legs working, but also the effortlessness that gravity supplies with the help of snow. It made me instantly happy that winter was here. I felt a shift in my attitude with the whole season today. And acceptance always feels good.

Hot cocoa at the end and the day was made....

No comments: