Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Finding a type of clarity....



Right now I am unemployed.

It is amazing how hard it is to share that with people and not feel a bit guilty. Who am I to not have a job? But the fact is is that I am learning more about myself as the weeks pass then I ever would have sitting at a nine to five desk. This information is invaluable. There is not enough recognition of the importance of a balanced self in this society. It is encouraged to be more skilled at a computer program than on discovering what makes you a happy, healthy being.

For the first time in over a year I have been able to paint without keeping one eye on the clock and budgeting my time "wisely". I have been getting lost lately, amazed by the hours that fly by, only knowing that it is still morning because of the World Cafe.

I have been doing small imagined landscapes, based off of my first outside painting experience with my Mom in Maine. I found that while I enjoyed painting what I saw in front of me, my work is now wandering back to the landscapes in my head. Below and above are some of these imagined lands...













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We loved your blog and your paintings, we felt so much closer to you. How big are these paintings?? We love that you are painting the landscape of Jackson, especially loved the yellow trees painting. Continue to liberate your life! vuvurents