Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Project Runway addiction...

Season 7 begins in fifteen minutes and I can hardly wait!

It is always exciting to see the new characters, to pick the ones that immediately stand out, and, of course, see the amazing Tim Gunn. This is coming from a pretty big non-TV watcher (although I am also slightly addicted to The Office. But I watch that on Netflix.) so it is impressive that I will sit through the advertisements to watch PR.




I think my fascination with this show comes from my deep down dream of being able to design clothes and then make them by hand. My childhood drawings of models in my imagined designs are still stored some where in my parents house. I still buy fashion magazines. I covet designer labels I find at thrift stores, even if the garments don't fit right, just because it has a famous tag. Clothes are like a dirty secret to me, something I would secretly like to be more wild with, more daring, more...fashionable. And I think that maybe, through watching PR, I am attempting to access that part of myself, to still feel like that little girl drawing on her bedroom floor.

Have to go... I can't miss Heidi!

No comments: