Thursday, April 29, 2010

Beautiful Aspects of an Otherwise Tiring Day

1. How the birds didn't seem to mind that snow was falling. They chirped as loud as could be this morning on our walk, flying in flocks in front of the car, creating a pattern of bird in air in movement.
2. The smell of homemade toasted granola in the kitchen (and in my hair until I took a shower).
3. Laughing. Remembering to laugh. Liking that laughter is so much a part of who I am.
4. Robin. Not a bird, but a good person and friend.
5. Seeing this town that I live in through the eyes of visitors, and how proud I am of where I live. For its beauty, its culture, its awareness, and its cleanliness.
6. My dogs white, fluffy tummy and the fact that she showed it to me obligingly and eagerly.
7. My glass of wine. The one thing I seem to have gone back to without fail after my cleanse. Coffee, no. Dairy, no except 1/2 and 1/2. Wine, yes and gladly....
8. Missing my boy; feeling glad that I miss him.
9. Community radio and how its diversity, humanness, and thoughtfulness constantly amazes me.
10. And although I am not loving the recent weather, there is something beautiful about sunshine seen through a cloud of falling snow.

No comments: