Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tree Song

Yesterday the highlight of my day happened unexpectedly.

Olive and I went for a quick walk up a snowy Hagen Trail, Olive frolicking in the new snow, running ahead only to speed back to bounce around me before taking off again.

We had to turn around early because of a dinner date with A & M. We happened to stop on the top of a hill. Suddenly, the trees were singing to us. Creaking and groaning, high pitched and low pitched, a melody of sorts was played out in the quiet of the forest. And Olive and I were there to listen.

In these moments, when unusual and interesting sounds abound, I wish that I carried a recorder. I have never done a sound art piece, but have always been interested in doing so. Creating an experience both visually and aurally...

No comments: