Sunday, April 25, 2010

Three Months to go...

It is hard to believe that almost a year ago Jamie purposed to me on a California beach. This past year has got to be one of the quickest of my life. It is almost like a sick joke that time has played on me, mocking me for being a lackadaisical planner, for not being a bride that has known from birth what colors her wedding would be.

And suddenly the day is three months away. This weekend I went from being sad and nervous to excited and confident. The roller coaster that keeps this engagement period interesting, as if playing up my already slightly sensitive personality, where emotional ups and downs are a regular occurrence. I avoid The Knot emails that tell me the countdown to July 24 and show me the list of to-do's that are not checked off.

It was my parents and my best friend who made my sadness and nervousness turn to excitement and confidence. This day is just a day. What is really important is that I am taking this step with a man that I adore, with whom I will keep experiencing joys as well as sorrows. Marriage isn't about the wedding day, and I will have family and friends there who will serve as witnesses to this fact that our union is a voyage into the crazy, exciting unknown future.

Onwards....

No comments: