Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sunshine

Sunshine makes all of the difference. Yesterday peoples faces looked filled with tiredness and conversations inevitably turned to the weather, and how dismal it has been. Spring in the mountains but it feels like winter. Today though, the sun was shining and despite the still cold breezes everyone seemed a little lighter.

I started my day out on the dike, one of my favorite runs, with my favorite dog. Even the birds were ecstatic, all singing and chirping, swallows diving in ribbon-like patterns catching rejuvenated bugs. The sun made me feel light and quick on the trail.

I had one of those days were I just wanted to smile and talk to everyone. I am usually a friendly person, but today there was a renewed feeling of being lucky to live in a place where people look you in the eye, say hello, and genuinely acknowledge you.

J and I rode our bikes to see some friends off on their next adventure. Although still wearing the light down coat, it felt great to be on my bike, pedaling myself to my destination. On the way home the sky was tinged with pink and a white, feathery almost full moon was rising above Cache Creek.

A good day. Weather please stay.

No comments: