Sunday, October 24, 2010

Love

Jamie and I drove to Bozeman on Saturday to celebrate our marriage with friends of his parents and his grandparents, who were driving through on their way to Arizona. We also got to celebrate the second birthday of our niece, Emilia. The drive was lovely all the fall colors still very much alive. I love the colors here in the West. They really make you have to look to see the subtle variations and the muted tones; they don't pop all of the time in their flashiness.

The downtown of Bozeman is so lovely. It is a locals downtown, which I think Jackson really lacks. People were out and about. I bought a new pair of trail runners, almost bought a road bike, and found birthday presents for Beth and Emilia at the awesome book store that I could have stayed in for days.

The party was wonderful. Lots of smiling and hugs. I loved meeting people from all ages of Jamies life, those who have known him since he was three, those who remember him entertaining his mom's guests with the saxophone and magic tricks. It felt really rich and full. And I shed tears, when his grandfather got up to speak and when we all watched our vows on video. Jamie did too. It was nice to relive that magical day in July, and to watch this amazing person who I get to spend the rest of my life with interact with people from his childhood and life.

We went out with Jamie's high school friends after, many of whom have become good pals of mine too. We played Buck Hunter (don't ask, or do, but I will be embarrassed to admit my level of involvement), danced to a hair band, drank way to many odd things, and ate really good pizza at two a.m. with all of the college kids. A good night.

No comments: