Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Moon-Clothes-Cereal-Reading

The moon wouldn't let me sleep last night. It poured milky, silver light through our new south facing window and onto the bed. I could have read my book without the light on. When my alarm went off at 6:15am to get up for my Ski Performance (there is no trace of snow, thank god) the sky was still dark and Orion shone brightly through the window, such radiant stars that I wanted to keep lying there and just look out at what was still night.

I want to dress more bravely, have more fun with my clothing. I can't really afford it, but I just want to go on a big splurge and reinvent my wardrobe and my look. How do we settle into such distinct looks? I sometimes wonder how I have ended up with so many pairs of jeans and fleece hoodies....

I ate cereal for lunch. Ever since Claire and I went backpacking in the Winds, I have been totally obsessed with having whole quick oats raw with coconut, flax seeds, almonds, dried fruit, sunflower seeds and occasionally a banana, topped with rice dream...usually for breakfast, but because I didn't today, I had it for lunch! I seem to eat really quirkily when Jamie isn't around....not necessarily badly, just different.

Going to bed to try to finish Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. She is a Smithie that was sent to prison for year for being involved in a drug ring. Quite engaging. My book pile is growing larger.....some self help books from the book sale, Room by Emma Donahue (my book club book), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and some book about a border collie, go figure. I wish I was a speed reader, with a photographic memory.

No comments: