Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cold Night on 1/1/11

Sitting by my wood stove, feeling incredibly grateful for its warmth, as I watch the sky turn a lavender blue, the chilliness almost apparent in the air through our trusty new windows. Our Christmas tree is still up (and will be for a while if I have anything to do with it. which I do :) ) and the white lights are hanging above a tired dog's sleeping little body.

The start to a new year. Always a time of such hope and expectancy. And of remembering what came before. I liked Claire's Highlights of 2010. Jamie and I did a little bit of reminiscing this morning about our year. About how we both had one of the best days of our lives in July. Spending a month in Maine with my family, getting into the mountains, my time with Claire in the Winds, winning a ribbon with Olive in agility, shaping a home with Jame, watching incredible dance and music here in Jackson, getting to know myself better than the year before.....life really is incredible, its richness, and intricacies, its surprises, joys, hardships, and loves.

Spent a good part of the day outside, despite the negative temps, skinning and skiing with Jame, Olive and pals. The sun bringing warmth to the cold, the trees covered with a rime that just shone. The wonderful feeling of working to achieve the blissful sensation of gliding down snow-covered hills. Now, contentedness with just sitting and listening to my favorite community radio and writing. 

A good first day to a new year of promise and adventure.
Happy New Year!

No comments: