Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last day of freedom

After so much skiing this past week, I decided to give my body a break from the cold temperatures and the exertion. With time to just think, the numerous realities of life that I have been neglecting on my winter break came tumbling down upon me. Errands to run, things to do around the house, work for both of my jobs, my art-making. And today was one of those days when I just didn't feel like doing any of it. Although I am feeling a little blah and lazy and upset with not making more of my last day of freedom, there were a few highlights:
hot tea with the perfect amount of sweet and milk.
talking with my brother and hearing maturity and thoughtfulness in this voice.
olive's grin as we walked up hagen trail.
a woodpeckers tapping and a dead trees squeaking against another tree.
fire and warmth and pajamas.
the pleasure of cooking something involved.
and now...sleep.

No comments: