Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dancing

I am loving my modern dance classes. It is making me feel like a little kid again, the dance harkening to those first movements we took as little ones, when rolling on the floor and being super limber were just givens. I can remember my dance class with Judy Davis in which is now the Co-op dining area, the softness of the wooden floors and lighting, the play that was associated with moving.

I wasn't in the best mood this evening and the mixture of taking Olive to the horse arena to jump, weave, tunnel and climb, and moving my own body with nine other adventurous women, helped my mind and heart completely. Olive got dance class and so did I. Hers involved horse poop (delicious) and other eager dogs. Mine involved perspiring bodies and other motivated beginning dancers.

Dancing into our dreams....

No comments: